These gasoline pumps were lovingly restored by board member Bob Stinchcomb a few years ago. It was a huge undertaking but worth the effort!
For years, the old gas pumps had no inside home and were exposed to weather conditions. Bob took them to his home workshop and cleaned, repaired and painted them. They are on permanent display inside of the Adair building on the museum’s grounds.
The red pump was donated to Virgil Talbot in February of 1991 by D.K. Swon, Steve Synar, and Mrs. Ora Rogers, who were at the time owners of the Colcord Ranch. It is assumed that the pump came from the ranch. Bob discovered it was a Fry Visible Pump #17, five gallon. These pumps were very popular between 1924 and 1928 according to published resources.
The green pump was donated to Virgil in March of 1991 by Bill Cooper, Siloam Springs Arkansas. The history of the pump is unknown. It is a Bennett Model 810 Gas Pump (1930-1940).
Bob did a great service by refurbishing these pieces of Americana and now they can be appreciated and enjoyed for years to come, thus upholding Talbot’s motto of “Preserving a Bit of History”.