Muskogee, Oklahoma (from Images of America Series)
by Roger Bell - Images of America Series, Arcadia Publishing
Muskogee Station was a depot established in 1872, a few miles south of the confluence of the Arkansas, Grand and Verdigris Rivers in Indian Territory. A settlement quickly developed nearby and was named Muskogee. By turn of the century it was center of political and commercial activity in the Territory. It is the county seat of Muskogee County, named for the Muskogee(Creek) tribe.
Paperbook book of 128 pages, and 213 photos, it contains the history of the area known as Three Rivers site.
Available at Talbot Library and Museum Bookstore, P.O.Box 349, 500 So.Colcord Ave, Colcord, OK 74338 and online at www.talbotlibrary.org ‘